So, I have to list ten things that make me happy. This is not something I am used to having to think about so you need to all bear with me for a while!
1. My hubby and the little one. This is the big one and the most obvious one. Every time I hang out with the little one she makes me laugh. I know children laugh more in a day than adults - but with her in my life, I laugh 10 times more than I ever have.
2. Gadgets. I love technology and gadgets. I get a new laptop every 6 months - usually a Sony Vaio. Although I had to stop after Vista came out and try other brands. I love my Blackberry too. My current shopping list?
The Ipad, of course. I am never the first to buy but once it has settled a bit I will be buying at least one of these.
The Dell Adamo. As thin as the MacBook air and recommended as one of the Gadget shows sexiest gadgets.
Right back to the happy list.
3. Food. You don't get to my build by not liking food. I love the stuff. I have no other addictions. And it isn't all sweets and chocolate either. I love carbs - freshly baked bread, Chips down by the beach, a good chinese meal. Eating makes me happy (momentarily!)
Do I really have to find 10 things? Ok, keep going...
4. Writing. I have always written. I used to write at school a lot. I have kept a blog since 2005 and this blog since December 2009. I am also trying to write a fictional novel as my ticket out of my current world. I have actually already written a business book.
5. Being a Call Centre consultant. I love what I do (that is different from my current job which I don't love because it doesn't let me do what I'm good at). I love working with Callcentres, with the people in them, training them, improving them. I get a realy buzz from opening people's eyes. I wish I had a killer sales person so I could make a go of my own company in Callcentre consultancy.
6. The people I know all over the world. I have met so many great people in my travels. It makes me happy to interact with them on Facebook, Twitter, visiting them or whatever. I wish I could do it more.
7. The sea. I grew up on an island. I love the sea. I really love it on a wild and windy day. I am very content when I am by the sea
arghh - really struggling now. Do I really have to do 10 things?
8. Being able to do something for someone else. I can't stand seeing someone else I know hurt or suffering. I will do anything I can to help. On the rare occasion I am successful at this, it makes me very happy.
9. Music and art. I love to listen to music. Obviously there are some songs that make you sad (like the ones we played at my son's funeral. Way to go to ruin a song that is!) but mostly songs lift me up and make me happy. Even better if the little one is dancing to them. That makes me really happy. I like drawing. I don't do it very much these days but I really enjoy it when I do it.
Ooh last one - I think I have it...
10. Online shopping. Isn't online shopping the best thing ever? you don't have to worry about what shops you have nearby and you get the added bonus of parcels in the post.
So that's it. That's my lot. Now I believe I am supposed to tag others but to be honest by the time I've written this, most of the people I know have been tagged. So, if you are a regular reader of my blog and comment on it, then I EXPECT YOU to pick up on this theme and consider yourself tagged!