Can you believe I am now 11 weeks into Thinking Slimmer?! After next week I will have been doing it for 3 months.
So I thought it was time to just bullet where I am up to. I guess next week has to be the BIG summary after 3 months although I will obviously be continuing until I reach target weight/size. In fact I am pretty sure the changes would now be permanent even if I didn’t listen to the slimpod every night.
So how does my life look these days?
- 7am-9am (weekdays) Get up and go for a 1.3 mile run which now takes me 15:30 minutes
- Breakfast is a single piece of bread and butter, a cup of coffee and a glass of fresh orange juice. Every Sunday I go with the little one to McDonalds for breakfast. I can’t even manage half of a single sausage and egg mcmuffin any more. I don’t touch the hash brown.
- I don’t eat anything more until lunch time when 2 pieces of bread with whatever on is often too much for me to manage
- Again, I rarely eat anything else until dinner time. I do still eat crappy food though. I have a kebab once a week. But instead of a large one I order a small one and if I manage a 3rd it’s a miracle. I have a Chinese as a Saturday night treat but can only manage the chicken and sweetcorn soup and maybe 1 or 2 dry spare ribs. If I have cooked a fresh meal, despite only giving myself a small portion, I rarely finish even half of it.
- After dinner I eat nothing before bedtime.
- Then the whole routine starts again the next day!
I guess the one thing that hasn’t changed for me that seems to have changed for others on Thinking Slimmer, is an inclination towards making healthier choices. I’m not sure if this is to do with the relationship I have with food. I resent depriving myself of nice things. But it doesn’t bother me. My weight loss is coming from eating significantly less because I WANT to eat less, not because I am exercising super-duper willpower.
In fact, it can get really frustrating when I am eating something totally delicious and I just can’t manage to eat it all!
Now I always have a week or so in each month (if you get my meaning) where there is either no weight loss or a marginal gain, so this week it is an achievement to have lost another 2 pounds!
Current weight at the end of 11 weeks on Thinking Slimmer
Total weight loss so far
Yeah baby, two and a half stone+. Let me hear you say “Whoop! Whoop!”