I have discovered, as I studied Cognitive Hypnotherapy, that an awful lot of the problems we suffer as adults are based on an evaluation when we were kids of what we needed to do to win the love of our parents. And it doesn't matter how valid it was. It can be something as small as getting shouted at because your dad had a difficult day at work and you asked for a drink, to something bigger like being told you are useless constantly.
I am determined to ensure that we avoid these miscalculations as much as possible with the little one, so we have a game called "I love you even if..."
- I love you even if I shout at you
- I love you even if you hit me
- I love you even if you don't eat your dinner
- I love you even if you fart!
- I love you even when I'm not here
She has quoted a couple of her own back at me too
- I love you even when you're annoying me
- Daddy loves me even when he's having a lie-in