Every time I mention the sleeper train I get a lot of interest. So let me share some info
- I catch it at 11pm and get into Kings Cross or Euston at around 7pm
- On the way back I catch it at Euston at 9pm and get into Dundee at around 6am
- On the way out I sleep. The way back it stops a lot, loses some carriages at various points and makes a lot of noise so I rarely sleep
- It costs around £270 first class return which isn’t bad if you consider that includes transport, hotel accommodation (on the train) and brekkie
- You get a cabin. It can sleep 2 people and there is a possibility you’d share with a stranger(same sex)
- You get breakfast served to your cabin – continental or a hot brekkie.
- There is a lounge care exclusive to First class which has comfy seats and power
- There are no power sockets in your cabin
- You get a lovely little first class kit with shoe cleaner, ear plugs, flannel, socks, toothbrush and toothpaste, razor and shaving cream and soap
- There is a first class spacious toilet but no shower. You can however use the Virgin first class lounges at the stations and they do have a shower.
If you share the top bunk folds down.
Can’t really fault the brekkie. Even has Starbucks Via coffee