So I thought I would share with you the story of my London Marathon as driven by questions from 8 year olds. I got quite the grilling from them all which was cool because it showed they were interested. I hope I did what the teacher needed me to do!
1. I ate Jelly Babies along the way that the crowd offered. No I didn’t eat more than 100. It took me seconds to eat them. I only took a couple each time rather than a handful.
2. Yes most of the toilets had long queues of people waiting for them. I didn’t need to go to the toilet. I saw a guy in a Big Ben costume go to the loo on the grass because he couldn’t fit into the portaloos.
3. Yes I drank water and no I don’t like water but you need it to keep your body going. What happens if you don’t? Your body shuts down. When I didn’t drink enough I didn’t have the energy to keep going.
4. There were many people in costumes and I was beaten by a guy with a full sized tiger on his back. No it wasn’t a real tiger (I don’t think so anyway).
5. No I will never do another one. No I have not applied for next year.
6. Yes other sweets were available but Jelly Babies were the best because they sort of dissolve in your mouth.
7. No I didn’t wear a costume – it was a challenge for me just doing it in running gear
8. How far is 0.2 miles? About 2 years and a 1000 ouches…and way further than the 26 miles before it.
9. How long did it take to recover? Well a couple of days. No I couldn’t have a shower because I couldn’t stand up that long.
10. No I didn’t nip into the McDonalds on the route even though I wanted to!