I had been through Chicago airport a couple of times. But never had a chance to stop. I then visited twice over a couple of years. The first time I loved it. The second time a friend came along and I discovered even more and loved it even more. I think it is my favourite US city. So here are the bullets to save you reading a long boring diatribe!
- Chicago Deep dish pizza has a weird pastry-ish base which I personally find totally yukky. Give me old fashioned pizza any day.
- The Webber Grill restaurant is 'awesome' - BBQ food in a restaurant!
- The Windy City is an appropriate nickname - and in the winter "The bloody freezing Windy City" is even more appropriate
- There is a golden sand beach at the end of the main shopping block in Chicago. Yep really, with lifeguards and everything. It is on Lake Michigan which I believe is one of the largest inland water masses in the world.
- Did I mention there is a beach at the end of the shopping street?
- There is a building which was built with bricks (**ahem** nicked!) from all over the world
- Jerry Springer and Oprah Winfrey are from there
- The drinks at the top of the John Hancock tower may be expensive but it is worth it for the view.
- I went to see my first ever Baseball match. For us Brits, it's like Rounders but they miss the ball most of the time. It is quite boring I thought. Read more here
This was all put together for this weeks gallery over at sticky fingers where the subject is ""