I have been doing a series of posts on my travels called “Diary of a Travelling Executive” – You can see all the ones so far here
So I thought I would use this weeks travel theme on the Gallery to add another. This time San Francisco.
I went to San Francisco on the way to Chicago. Hmm…you’re right, not really on the way. But I had a work conference in Chicago and I wanted to take the chance to go and see a US city that I’d never visited before. It was that or NYC and I fancied San Francisco more.
San Francisco skyline and the Museum of Modern Art at the bottom
Queuing for a tram
Can you see the seals?
Is it the Golden Gate or the Forth Road bridge?
The view of San Francisco from the boat across to Sausalito
As close as we could get to Alcatraz without booking well in advance
Really big trees at Muir Woods.
Now there are a few things to note:
1. I am the only person in the world who managed to find a bad Chinese restaurant in San Francisco.
2. Sausalito is the most amazing place and I liked it way more than the main city.
3. San Francisco is more often than not foggy.
4. The queues for the iconic tram are ridiculous
5. If you want to visit Alcatraz you need to book way in advance and not just expect to take a boat ride on the day.
6. There are beautiful places outside of San Francisco so you must leave the city. The tours were pretty well booked and I am badly travel sick on coaches so I was a bit limited!
7. The Sony store there is awesome.
8. If you are going to go to the museum of modern art, don’t go with me because I do “speed viewing” and am not big on absorbing everything!
9. The Wharf is really really touristy and I hated it
10. No matter where I am in the world, people pick me out of a crowd to ask directions or ask for help. I will never understand this
11. I couldn’t tell the difference between the Golden Gate bridge and the Forth Road bridge! The residents of San Francisco did not appreciate the comparison.
This was all put together for this weeks gallery over at sticky fingers where the subject is "Travel